If you are looking for a long-lasting roofing material that will not need a replacement for the remainder of your home ownership, look no further than tile. This product can last upwards of 50+ years when properly installed and maintained. It is also one of the oldest roofing materials and has spanned decades due to its durability, and amazing life span.
What will a new tile roof cost in Des Moines? Homeowners can expect to pay between $12,000 and $36,000, depending on the size of the roof, the type of tile chosen, the pitch of the roof, and several other factors. To learn more about what it will cost for your particular home, be sure to reach out to Total Exteriors in Des Moines. We have been serving the area for over a decade and our team of specialists is quite knowledgeable about all things roofing.
What types of tile do we specialize in?
Clay Tile Roofing
- Longevity: Clay tiles are longer lasting than other roofing materials. These roofs can have a longevity of nearly 100 years. Even on the low end, clay tile can last 50 years. They are built to be nearly indestructible and resistant to the elements.
- Low Maintenance: Many other roofing materials require regular maintenance, cleaning, and inspections. Clay tile seems to be a “set it and forget it” type of roofing material. They are built to last!
- Durability: A beautiful attribute of clay is that they do not rot and are insect-resistant. They remain structurally reliable and stunning for years to come.
- Insulation – An advantage to clay tiles is that air can freely circulate beneath the tiles, regulating the rooftop temperatures, and maintaining comfortable indoor temperatures.
- Weather Resistant – Other roofing materials must expand and contract with the changing weather conditions. Clay beautifully maintains the roof’s integrity through the ability to withstand hot and cold weather events.
Concrete Tile Roofing
- Durability: Similar to clay, this type of tile roofing can last an extremely long time. This is one of the longest track records of performance compared to other roofing materials such as asphalt and metal.
- Withstand Nature – Hailstorms, strong rainstorms, rot, insect damage, and fire don’t hold much up against concrete tile. You will never have to worry when you have a safe strong roof over your head protecting your home and family!
- Variety: Another beautiful attribute of concrete tiling is the variety of colors and styles the homeowner can choose from. The possibilities are endless!
- Low Maintenance – Again, similar to clay, there is minimal maintenance that needs to be addressed with a concrete tile roof. There is no need to have a to-do list line item for your roof when it comes to this amazing material.
- Noise-Controlling – Ah, the peace and quiet atmosphere of a home with a concrete tile roof! Concrete tile has a noise-canceling feature that keeps the racket of the neighborhood outside where it needs to stay.
- Appearance – Created to look like natural slate, shake, or Spanish tiles.
- Lightweight – This material is typically one-fourth of the weight of regular tiles. And they aren’t nearly as brittle.
- Longevity – Ultraviolet inhibitors are included in the material to aid in minimizing sun damage, which helps to extend life expectancy.
- Easy Installation – Due to the pliability and lightweight nature of this product, the tiles can be cut with a handy utility knife and shaped to fit the home. There is less chance of damage during the installation process.
- Savings – Compared to other types of tile, this product is much less expensive.
Energy savings, beauty, long-lasting, and earth-friendly are attributes hard to beat when it comes to roofing materials. It almost seems too good to be true! But the Roofing experts at Total Exteriors in Des Moines will prove to you it is indeed possible to have it all with tile roofing. They can assist you in choosing the right design and material to fit your budget.