Metal roofing has become increasingly popular for both commercial buildings and residential homes in Rockford due to its numerous benefits. If you’re considering upgrading your roofing system, metal should definitely be at the top of your list. However, it’s important to understand the cost factors and the various types of metal roofs available to make an informed decision.
Cost of a Metal Roof in Rockford
The cost of a new metal roof in Rockford typically ranges from $10,500 to $31,500. However, this cost can vary depending on several factors, including the size of your home, the required materials, and the installation costs. It’s also worth noting that different types of metal roofs offer unique advantages and characteristics that cater to different needs and preferences.
To get a rough estimate of the cost based on your home’s size, you can refer to the following chart. In Rockford, metal roofing can range from $700 to $900 per roofing square. A roofing square is equivalent to 100 square feet, regardless of whether it’s made up of shingles or another roofing material:
15 square roof – $10,500 to $13,500.
20 square roof – $14,000 to $18,000.
25 square roof – $17,500 to $22,500.
30 square roof – $21,000 to $27,000.
35 square roof – $24,500 to $31,500.
Remarkable Benefits of Metal Roofs
- Longer Lifespan: Metal roofs outlast traditional asphalt shingles by a significant margin. They can last for 40-70 years depending on the type of metal and proper maintenance.
- Exceptional Durability: Metal roofs are highly resilient and can withstand severe weather conditions, including hailstorms, tornadoes, and high winds. Moreover, they are non-combustible, minimizing the risk of house fires.
- Environmental Friendliness: Metal roofing is eco-friendly and 100% recyclable, reducing waste and contributing to sustainability. Choosing a metal roof helps conserve natural resources and lowers the environmental impact.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofs require minimal upkeep. They are resistant to issues like mold, mildew, and rot. Regular inspections and occasional cleaning are usually sufficient to keep them in optimal condition.
- Increased Resale Value: Installing a metal roof can enhance the resale value of your home. Prospective buyers appreciate the durability, energy efficiency, and aesthetic appeal of metal roofing, making it an attractive feature.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs, especially those with reflective coatings, can significantly reduce energy consumption by reflecting solar heat. This leads to lower cooling costs during hot weather, making your home more energy-efficient.
- Versatile Design Options: Metal roofs come in various colors and styles, allowing homeowners to choose an option that complements their home’s architectural design. Whether you prefer a modern or traditional look, there is a metal roof to suit your preferences.
Types of Metal Roofing
- Standing Seam Metal Roofs: These roofs feature panels that interlock with concealed fasteners, creating a sleek appearance. They offer durability and can withstand weather fluctuations, making them a reliable choice.
- Aluminum Roofing: Aluminum is lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and energy-efficient. It offers an affordable metal roofing option and is recyclable, making it environmentally friendly.
- Corrugated Metal Roofing: Known for its lightweight, flexible, and durable characteristics, corrugated metal roofing adds minimal weight to the home’s structure. It is highly durable and resistant to corrosion, making it suitable for various weather conditions.
- Copper Roofing: Copper roofing is visually striking and exhibits exceptional resistance to rust, corrosion, extreme temperatures, and fire. With proper maintenance, it can last up to 75 years, making it a long-term investment.
- Steel Metal Roofing: Steel metal roofing is durable, cost-effective, and long-lasting. It is resistant to weather elements, requires low maintenance, and is eco-friendly. It provides protection against fire, hail, and wind, making it a practical and visually appealing choice for Rockford homes.
- Exposed Fastener Metal Roofing: These panels are designed to withstand severe weather conditions. They can successfully battle high winds, strong rainstorms, and hail. Additionally, this material can reflect up to 85% of the sun’s UV rays and reduce attic temperatures by up to 40%. This advantage translates into lower energy costs.
With the variety of metal roofing options available, combined with their longevity and cost-effectiveness, installing a metal roof is a wise investment for homeowners in Rockford. To explore your home’s specific needs, preferences, and budget, we recommend reaching out to Total Exterior in Rockford. Our team of roofing professionals in Rockford will provide expert guidance and assist you in embarking on the journey toward a beautiful new metal roof that meets your requirements. (You might want to add gutters on your metal roof! Check our article now about cost of installing a new gutter in Rockford.)